The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation regularly convenes bi- and tri-national Frontiers of Research Symposia in cooperation with its partner organisations in Brazil, China, Japan, India, Israel, the United Kingdom and the United States of America.
The Frontiers of Research Symposia provide outstanding young researchers from Germany and the partner countries with a platform for an international and interdisciplinary exchange of knowledge. The participating researchers establish or strengthen connections with other future thought leaders, often pioneering innovative fields for collaboration. Participants question and expand the boundaries of their respective disciplines – for example through cross-disciplinary discussions of current advancements, innovative research and emerging opportunities. The Frontiers of Research programme is supported by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research.
Which are the partner countries and what symposia are held?
- Brazilian-German Frontiers of Science and Technology Symposium (BRAGFOST)
- Sino-German Frontiers of Science Symposium (SINOGFOS)
- Indo-German Frontiers of Engineering Symposium (INDOGFOE)
- German-Israeli Frontiers of Humanities Symposium (GISFOH)
- Japanese-American-German Frontiers of Science Symposium (JAGFOS)
- UK-German Frontiers of Humanities Symposium (UKGFOH)
- German-American Frontiers of Engineering Symposium (GAFOE)